Friday, March 25, 2005

Elephants and Food Don’t Mix

Late night supper at 12 midnight yesterday after work. In Bangkok there are lots of beggar elephants. Many blokes here… think it is an easy way out for them to earn money. They buy a baby elephant (probably using their live savings) and they use it as a begging tool. How?

They bring the elephants all over Thailand, rode on them. They are mostly nocturnal and so they have bicycle-flashing lights attached to their tails to warn motorist. They approach people with a bag of bananas or something. Then they asked u to buy the banana and feed their elephant. Crazy ah… why must I buy bananas that you have brought already and then feed your animal? Maybe it appeals to tourist… but not me… I am localized already.

Feed elephants and then getting my arm fully lubricated with slime is not going mix when I am having food but these people dun care anyway. These elephants are all over and they infiltrate all kinds of places. They like to go begging at food joints, where people are seated and their trunks sometimes really gets all over you, slimed u in the process as well.

One meal can sometimes enable u encounter up to three elephants, all big and small kinds and they make really sharp noises frequently. Thus giving u a nasty shock that lodges your un-chewed food in your windpipe. “Plop-Plop-Plop” I hear and see shit bigger then my head drop in front of my table because the elephant’s arse happens to be facing me. Shit is not the worse. Look under the elephant and sometimes I see what looks like water being pouring out from a very big pipe. It really looks like waterfall it just go “Splassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssshhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhh".

No comments: