Tuesday, January 23, 2007

An Island Not Too Far Away

Sathahip

I held on the steering and became one with the acceleration. I felt the graininess of the tarmac as all four 16 inches of alloys grind hard via her soles of 50. As I stepped on the gas, my limbs were one with the block. I saw the gas ignite as it compressed and finally slammed down hard on the piston face fiercely on her down stroke cycle. I was one with the purr, as the combusted swirl chanced upon the opened valve and charged away. The pull on a fresh batch of potent concoction via the low tail pressure I left behind I felt. 160 on I went strong against the aerodynamics of nature. Purred on my car, purred till she roared and I was singularity with the experience. Tore on through the fabrics of the atmosphere I did for hours till I reached the ends of earthly grounds and be greeted by the calm waters. This is life as it should be. This is car as she should be.

So anyway, while all you guys were still back home driving at a pathetic 90, cops eyeing you from behind the lalang bush, friends with the mosquitoes, I discovered a secret island here in happy land. Satthahip. A place just south of Pattaya. It was crystal clear waters and white sand beach on a nearby naval island. A place just 2 hours away. Go again I will.


Sathahip
Thai aircraft carrier deck.

Sathahip
This is where they drop depth charges as lovely gifts to submarines…. I think.

Sathahip
Boat ride to secret island, no ang moh in sight.

Sathahip
Ride on glass bottom boat on island.

Sathahip
Step on glass to commit suicide and bring all with you.

Sathahip
Lesson on snorkeling and light diving. Do not dive with full breath he said, will cause brain to explode and die or something…

Sathahip

Sathahip
Island paradise.

Sathahip
If only it was beer.

Sathahip
Seafood by beach, relax de-stress finale.

1 comment:

Jasmine said...

Nice!
Love the beach and the nice nice blues .... :)

ur rabbit cute le. hahaha...