Tuesday, February 28, 2006

I say Holiday

And so I said… I want a holiday, I need a break. I went. Hua Hin was where I decided to be. Well not exactly Hua Hin, but a place further down south known as Ta-Kiab or something like that. Have time will travel. Gig and me explored and found this next town. Quiet and peaceful - tranquil.

Resort near Hua Hin
I worked by the pool on my notebook. The wind so strong, the coconut tress swayed in coordination like synchronized ballerina. My working holiday and if only everyday could be this good. Not a soul to interrupt my concentration, a far contrast to office. Only the sound of breaking waves and the gentle soothing roar created by the breeze that blew passed my ears. Broadband in nature enabled me to upload my work. It was nirvana for the programmer.

In the morning, we walked by the shore among the debris of sea shells. The breaking waves caressed our every step on the powdery beach. Five horses stood nearby as a tout came to approach. No… ain’t gonna pay for some stupid horse ride meant for tourist. In the night, we ate around town. Drove over to Hua Hin which was of completely different atmosphere. Whole street full of foreigners. Lights, pubs and music, very touristy. The placed had turned Pattaya. Drove and explored the locale, a place stranger to many Singaporeans. Secret beaches and local restaurants sprawled on the sand, temples amazingly embedded on the mountains. It was like reliving Perth where once I was the lone Asian schoolboy adventure among friends who discovered nature spots too many for scenic pictures and good fishing.

Now… the trip was not all sweet like glistening honey. I drove for two hours and then kaboom. Tire exploded. When I came to a stop, my front left was smoldering and the rubber fumes was foul. The rubber had dislodged and my rim was close to scraping tarmac. We had to walked under the blazing sun and discovered a kind hearted car detailing workshop guy who drove us to get new tire and even helped with the replacement. Speeds of 140 does amazing things to your rubber. It melted. Tire was deformed when the mechanic removed it.

And… last Friday… someone stole my camera. I left my room unlocked. Some idiot walked right in and took my camera from my bag. There is theft in our office since last year and till date, we have not caught him/her yet. Wish his father mother die and his son and daughter born with no backside. Nin nambeh.

No comments: