Tuesday, January 18, 2005

hello world.... and a parrot spoke to me in thai......

Hmm.... okay ex-GF of mine told me about this site.... interesting na... so decided to try. Will use this to tell my adventure in Thailand so that me friends back in Singapore can see if i am hit by a tsunami, what i up to etc etc....

Living and working in Bangkok has been really cool... lots of new interesting experiences and things to see. Been here for 7 months... and still adjusting to live here.. language... big problem. Very impressed to see ang moh's able to speak in thai, i think some of em has been here for ages. Now... hearing an ang moh speak thai is really weird to me... and next came an even weirder experience...

I was teasing a pet bird at some hotel lobby and suddenly it just utter out "pai nai krup" (where are you going)... wah... buay tahan.. culture shock... i just stood still there and stared blankly at the feathered fellow.... maybe i should get one of these Thai speaking birds to improve me Thai.

No comments: